Are you a veteran?
Veterans from all periods of military service are eligible for job referral, job training and job placement assistance.
Below are a list of the services that are available for veterans:
- Job readiness assessment, including interviews and testing
- Development of an Individual Employment Plan
- Career counseling that helps veterans in making training and career decisions
- Labor market and occupational information, to include training
- Referral to job banks, job portals, and job openings
- Referral to employers and registered apprenticeship sponsors
- Referral to training by WIOA-funded or third party service providers
- Monthly follow-up by an advisor for up to six months.
Register as a Job Seeker with the Virginia Workforce Connection (VWC) for access to all the services available and so you can find a job and Employers can FIND YOU! You will find Job Search, Career Information, Training Opportunities, Skill requirements, Labor Market Information including Wage data, Industry and Occupational trends.
Information can also be found by visiting the Virginia Workforce Connection and creating an account as a Job Seeker.
The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) is able to provide information and resources for many of veterans needs. There are VEC staff located at our career centers and you can also visit their site for more information.
TRUCK DRIVER GRANT PROGRAM
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has awarded Tidewater Community College a grant that provides tuition to train current and former members of the United States Armed Forces, including National Guard, Reservists, and spouses to obtain their CDL for trucking and or bus drivers.